Best Practices Training Initiative is a collaborative endeavor between Bright From the Start: Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning, the Department of Early Childhood Education, and the Child Development Program at Georgia State University.
Since 1996, Best Practices has designed and delivered exceptional training to Georgia’s teachers. Professional development is offered on a variety of topics based on the most current research and field tested methods. Training is delivered in a hands-on format with a practical application for teachers. In addition to face to face training, online courses are implemented to support ongoing learning and sustain excitement in the classroom.
Best Practices Training includes:
- hands-on demonstrations of activities that match the way children learn
- teaching tips about managing and organizing classrooms
- practical information regarding child development and learning
- online courses and podcasts to supplement training
- opportunities to share ideas with other teachers
- a list of skills appropriate for each child’s age
- easy access to Best Practices staff for follow up support